Job Title: Welding Superintendent
Location: Boise Idaho Region
Company: JTI Electrical & Instrumentation, LLC (JTI)
About Us: JTI is a leading mechanical and electrical construction company, with a commitment to excellence and safety, we deliver high-quality results for our clients. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Welding Superintendent to join our dynamic team.
Position Summary: The Welding Superintendent is a critical leadership role responsible for overseeing and managing all welding activities on our industrial construction projects. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 10 years of hands-on welding experience and demonstrate strong leadership skills to effectively supervise and coordinate a team of welders to ensure safe, high-quality, and on-time project completion.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead, train, and mentor a team of welders, ensuring they adhere to safety and quality standards.
- Provide guidance, support, and supervision to maximize team performance and productivity.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other construction professionals to plan and schedule welding activities.
- Ensure the timely delivery of welding tasks to meet project milestones.
- Implement and enforce welding quality control standards and procedures.
- Inspect completed welds to verify compliance with project specifications and industry standards.
- Champion safety protocols, and ensure that all welding activities comply with OSHA and company safety guidelines.
- Investigate and report safety incidents and implement corrective actions.
- Manage welding resources, including materials, equipment, and manpower, to optimize project efficiency.
- Maintain inventory and request necessary supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of welding activities, including daily reports, inspection documents, and project progress reports.
- Identify and address challenges or issues related to welding processes and equipment promptly.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to resolve technical problems.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in welding in an industrial construction environment.
- Proven experience in a leadership or supervisory role, demonstrating strong management skills.
- Welding certifications and knowledge of various welding techniques (e.g., MIG, TIG, Stick).
- Thorough understanding of welding codes, standards, and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and technical drawings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
· Additional Comments:
· Physical Demands:
· This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
· While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.