Ability to provide highly accurate estimates for a wide variety of electrical projects.
· Review prints and schematics to develop detailed material takeoff for electrical projects.
· Calculate the labor units using NECA MLU data and Conest IntelliBid takeoff for all projects.
· Identify, solicit, and evaluate quotes from suppliers, specialists, and sub-contractors.
· Prepare and manage questions for clients about their electrical work.
· Work directly with engineering and design to develop accurate estimates for design build projects.
· Attending site visits and job-walks to gauge construction methods and work conditions and apply findings to estimates.
· Evaluate the labor and materials costs of electrical projects compile and transfer data to excel based estimate template for review by project team.
· Work directly with the coordinator to prepare submission documents and proposal letters.
· Prepare reports and documents for construction handoff.
· Coordinating with all disciplines (engineering, mechanical, electrical) teams required for multi discipline cost estimating.
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Electrical Estimator working on medium to large projects.
· Strong technical knowledge of electrical systems.
· Proficiency in mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Report writing and strategic planning skills.
· Previous experience as an electrician or in this industry preferred but not required.
· Conest IntelliBid experience required.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills,
· Professional demeanor and appearance,
· Ability to interpret blueprints technical documents and schematics.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook.
· Strong time management skills including prioritizing and executing multiple quotes simultaneously.