- he Safety Representative will report directly to the company Safety Manager. Responsible for the implementation and administration of the company safety program at the job-site/area, trend analysis and all reporting activities. Ensure the behavior of the crew is in accordance with company safety culture. Understands the lagging and leading safety indicators and promotes a philosophy that achieves established goals. Identification of job site/area specific safety requirements, safety equipment, material procurement, training requirements and tracking of training
- Evaluate field safety conditions through multiple site audit/monitoring, correct any unsafe conditions or acts, advise company Safety Manager on findings.
- Conducts daily morning safety meetings at various job sites in the Valley
- Maintain, control, inventory PPE and equipment.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation training
- Administer field qualification tests with employees (i.e. aerial work platform, forklifts)
- Ensures that regulated tools and equipment are currently inspected and in good order. Tag, remove, replace tools
- Distributes and maintains quarterly company equipment & safety inspections
- Monitors field conditions to inform Safety Manager field safety performance. Documents monitoring through daily safety report, site audits, JSA audits, etc.
- Assist Safety Manager with accident/incident/ near miss investigations
- Work as a liaison with client representatives, Safety Manager, site Project Manager, company personnel to achieve site and project safety goals.
- Ensure Project Management team has all the safety equipment, training, PPE and documentation necessary as needed
Clean DMV record & must have a Valid CA Driver’s License. Have the willingness and ability to drive throughout the valley to numerous job-sites
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Previous related experience in Construction Safety to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be available to work varied days and times to accommodate and observe all plant schedules.
- Must be able to train and motivate employees, supervisors, and managers to the highest safety standards.
- Must be self-directed, well organized and comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Ability to recognize and correct safety-related hazards and targeted safety trends
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a team member