Instrumentation Technician: Tehachapi, California
JTI Electrical & Instrumentation, LLC
This position reports to the Lead Controls Engineer. The Instrumentation Technician must be able to work independently and as part of a team of electricians, engineers, and other technical staff while maintaining a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality production.
· Maintain, Troubleshoot and Calibrate various industrial instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, control valves etc.
· Assist with specification and procurement of process instrumentation.
· Support clients at various facilities with troubleshooting and maintenance of critical equipment in industries such as Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Mining.
· Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Comfortable working with industrial machinery and electrical equipment.
· Ability to work with all voltages 5VDC to 480VAC.
· Familiar with low voltage analog signals: 4-20mA and 0-10VDC.
· Familiar with many types of valves: electric, pneumatic, modulating, blocking, diverting and mix proof.
· Familiar with industrial networks and protocols such as Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet, Profibus, Modbus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, HART, IO-Link, and AS-Interface.
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
· Ability to read and understand P&IDs.
· Experience working with hardware and software-based instrumentation calibration and configuration tools such as Hart 475, Fluke 744/754/789 multimeter, and thermal wells.
· Test/Configure/Calibrate Flow, Pressure, Temperature, Conductivity, Turbidity, Level instruments and pulse generated signals.
· Test and configure Variable Frequency Drives.
· Able to use Microsoft Office software.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems.
· Familiar with PLC programming basics.
· Familiar with Allen-Bradley PLC’s and PanelViews.
· Knowledge of wireless communications.
· Ability to teach/mentor others.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute
- Tehachapi, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- ISA Certified Control System Technician is preferred
- Two-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited course (or equivalent) is preferred.
- food and beverage processing: 2 years (Preferred)
- minerals and mining industries: 2 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshoot and Calibrate various industrial: 2 years (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s license with clean DMV record. (Required)